The priorities for all the clinical working groups with the Surgery in Children Operational Delivery Network are ultimately agreed by the group members. The priorities include ensuring that regional practice aligns to national standards, identifying and attempting to address regional variation in practice, and collaboration to ensure continuous service development at both a local and regional level. Over-arching priorities are set annually and are reviewed regularly at group meetings. The group will annually review its progress against their agreed priorities, and report back to the Surgery in Children Network Board.
Priorities identified at the start of April 2022 included:
- Delivering the agreed regional day case pathway for adenotonsillectomy – this is completed and available here
- Developing the utilisation of coblation intra capsular tonsillectomy across the region where appropriate – under review as part of regional audit
- A regional audit of admissions and readmissions following adenotonsillectomy
- Establishing a clear referral pathways within network for airway procedures (both elective and emergency)
- Reviewing the out of hours ENT provision for children across the network
- Defining services and pathways within network model for middle ear surgery